Have you seen the 25-foot whale skeleton at Beaty Biodviersity Museum? How about the totem poles at the Museum of Anthropology? Apply for a UTown@UBC Community Services Card for free or reduced-fee access to these, and other great UBC attractions!
What is the Community Services Card?
The card gives eligible UTown@UBC residents the opportunity to get to know their campus community and access attractions and amenities for free or at reduced rates!
The Community Services Card provides free access to:
• The Vancouver Public Library;
• UBC Libraries;
• UBC Botanical Garden and Nitobe Memorial Garden ;
• The Museum of Anthropology;
• Beaty Biodiversity Museum, includes participation in the monthly Nature Club
The card also provides reduced admission rates to:
• UBC Athletics and Recreation facilities, including the Aquatic Centre;
• Thunderbirds Athletics Events;
• The Old Barn Community Centre
Who is eligible for a card?
- Any individual who lives in, or is on the contract for Acadia Park or the University Apartments (including children)
- Non-student residents of student housing on the UBC campus on a year round lease (i.e. family members living in student housing).
- UBC Residence Life Managers
- UBC Child Care Staff
- If you are a visitor, or have not signed a lease, you are not eligible for the card.
- UNA residents may apply for a UNA Access Card online, or in-person at the Old Barn Community Centre (6308 Thunderbird Blvd) or the UNA office (202-5923 Berton Avenue).
- UBC students can access similar benefits through the UBCcard and are not eligible for this Community Services Card.
As of June 2021, Central and Focal residences (both managed by Wesbrook Properties) have been designated to the UNA and residents can apply for the UNA Access card.
How to apply for your card:
- Complete the application form below.
- Proof of housing contract showing your address and duration of lease is required and must be uploaded in your application form.
- For multiple residents at an address, you can submit one form altogether by providing information for each eligible person requiring a card.
- If this a renewal application: please indicate your existing card number. Your card will be mailed to you at the provided address.
We are currently experiencing high volumes of requests for Community Services Cards, resulting in a longer processing time than usual for new cards. Thank you for your patience!