Do you have a creative idea for fostering social connection during this unprecedented time?
Our community is strong. Community members are helping each other and showing tremendous support for our essential workers and healthcare heroes, all while staying home and doing our part to reduce the risk for those who are vulnerable.
We want to support your efforts to stay connected as a community, with grants of up to $500 for projects that promote the wellbeing of our community.
Applications will be accepted until August 31st, 2020 or until funding has been fully subscribed. Grants are reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis.
Members of the UBC Okanagan community are not eligible for Community of Caring Grants, but may apply to the similar Responsive Neighbourhood Grants from Vancouver Foundation.
FOCUS OF PROJECTS
Grants of $500 will be available to neighbourhood residents, students, faculty and staff at UBC, as well as Musqueam, to carry out small community building projects that adhere to UBC's guidelines around physical distancing.
This may include:
- Projects that can ease social isolation of vulnerable people with physical distancing and personal safety in mind.
- Projects that use, share and exchange local assets/gifts using online platforms.
For inspiration, learn about these funded Community of Caring projects.
- Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions about your application. Discussing your project with us will reduce the chance of missing criteria, making it more likely that you will be selected for funding.
- We will posting resources and tips soon to help support projects that require online tools, such as video conferencing.
- Only neighbourhood residents, students, faculty and staff at UBC Vancouver, as well as Musqueam, are eligible to apply.
- Funds must be used by October 31th, 2020.
- Applicants cannot profit financially from the project. Fundraising events with a strong community-building focus will be assessed for appropriateness.
- Applicants may only receive funding once per cycle
- Funding may not be used for ongoing operational or core expenses, or equipment and furniture purchases. If equipment purchases are essential to the project, please include a short-written explanation.
- Projects must begin after grant decisions are made. Retroactive funding will not be considered.
- Activities of groups that serve primarily their membership are ineligible to be funded through this grant unless the community at large will benefit significantly.
- Funds may not be used to replace or supplement UBC departmental funding.
- Maximum amount given is $500.
- Please provide specific details of all expenses that you would like funded. Please be sure to also explore ways to reduce costs or borrow items through campus resources.
- Original receipts are required to be submitted upon completion of the project.
- Any unused funds over $75 must be returned to Campus and Community Planning. If less than $75, please donate to the AMS Food Bank and submit a receipt with your final report.
We encourage you to contact us before applying to discuss the application process, your community grant project idea, or eligibility. Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.