Want to foster a more caring society starting here at UBC?
Have an idea for a community project that involves working with others to contribute to wellbeing and connection at UBC?
Apply for a UTown@UBC Community of Caring Grant and you could receive up to $1500 towards a collaborative project that encourages the wellbeing of other community members through collective action.
With the generous support of UBC Wellbeing, we are pleased to announce that a special UTown@UBC Community of Caring Grant will be offered this year.
There are five grants to be awarded throughout the year until Dec 31st, 2017.
The objectives of UTown@UBC Community of Caring are to:
Provide a catalyst for compassion, wellbeing and social sustainability of the UBC community through community projects that can focus on, but are not limited to:
- Mental health
- Physical activity
- Inclusion and connection
- Food and nutrition
- Connection and appreciation of nature
Peer-led projects that foster collaboration and inclusivity, nurture the motivation to care for others and achieve meaningful change
Forge partnerships among individuals, units and organizations on campus around wellbeing and,
Advance “campus living lab initiatives” that support the health, wellbeing and sustainability of the UBC community
Eligibility and Guidelines
The following are guidelines for eligibility when applying for a UTown@UBC Caring Community Grant:
- Projects require two co-applicants who are either: students, faculty, staff, residents or Musqueam community members.
- Projects must be completed by no later than February 28th, 2018.
- Applicants cannot profit financially from the project.
- Any unused funds must be returned at the end of the grant cycle. Any unused funds less than $75 should be donated to the AMS Foodbank (with receipt).
- Applicants may only receive funding for one project.
- Funding may not be used retroactively or for equipment and furniture purchases. If equipment purchases are essential to the project, please include a written explanation.
- Promotional materials for the project must be approved by the Community Grant Selection Committee prior to being released and must include the UBC Wellbeing and UTown@UBC logos/wordmarks.
- Projects must be consistent with the values of UBC —“academic freedom, advancing and sharing knowledge, excellence, integrity, mutual respect and equity and public interest.”
Grant applications will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Please note, due to the nature of this funding, projects that impact students will prioritized, however all applications will be considered. Deadline for submissions is Dec. 31 2017 or until funding is no longer available. If you have any questions regarding eligibility or guidelines, please reach Mustafa Akhtar via email or phone at email@example.com or 604-822-2278
A written evaluation report of the project must be provided to the Grant Selection Committee no later than two weeks after the conclusion of the project, showing how funds were spent, the results achieved, and how the project contributed to the wellbeing of the campus. The report must include original receipts for all funds spent. As this is a new initiative, the Grant Selection Committee may also request that grant recipients meet with them to discuss the project and grant criteria.
1. Contact us before applying to discuss the application process, your community grant project idea, or eligibility.
2. Submit your application form by Dec 31st, 2017, 11.59 PM by simply printing and filling out the grant application and send it to us at:
Mail or in person:
(UBC Point Grey Campus):
UTown@UBC Community of Caring Grants
CIRS Building, 2260 West Mall, 3rd Floor
Musqueam Indian Band Administration Office
6735 Salish Drive
Vancouver, BC V6N 4C4