Soak in Summer at UBC’s culinary classic on July 19! Buy your ticket now.
Say hello to the fifth annual UBC Chef Challenge! Five of the best culinary teams from across UBC have been chosen to pair craft BC beer with their best gastronomic creations. Join us in welcoming two new teams this year: Virtuous Pie and St. John’s College. Enjoy your meals while listening to East Vancouver’s one-and-only, East Van Carnival Band. The event sells out fast every year, so buy your ticket now!
Your 2018 competitors are:
- Koerner's Pub
- St. John's College
- UBC Food Services
- Virtuous Pie
- When: Thursday, July 19
- Time: 5-7.30 PM
- Where: amphitheatre on Main Mall and Thunderbird Boulevard
Regular tickets include entry, local food + craft beer samples + live music. Children tickets include entry + healthy kids meal.
This year's menu:
- Biercraft: Summer Berries, Lemon Mascarpone, Chocolate Waffle Cone
- Koerners: Braised duck with Caribbean spices on scallion pancake with UBC farm veggies
- St. John’s College: BC Albacore Tuna tartare with tangy pickled plums and pork rind chicarons
- Virtuous Pie: Carrot Cake, lavender and lemon ice cream, candied carrots, fresh blueberries
- UBC Food Services: Blackberry & Guajillo BBQ Pulled Jack Fruit Taco - Sunberry Farms blackberries, pickled UBC Farm vegetables (cucumber, radish, fennel, carrot) grilled corn tortilla, jalapeno, cilantro lime crema
- $20 students
- $30 staff, faculty, Alumni, UNA residents
- $45 general public
- $10 Children over 2 years
Additional beverages and local B.C. beer are available for purchase at the bar.
Questions? Contact Mustafa Akhtar at email@example.com, 604-822-2278, or reach us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter @UTownUBC. Want to volunteer? Fill out this short form!