Summer Suds n’ Grub, live music & friends
Buy your ticket now, only a few are left! Regular tickets are sold out, but due to overwhelming demand, we have made some late bird tickets available.
It’s almost time! Chef Challenge is back on July 20th and this time joining chefs from your favourite campus food outlets will be Land & Food Systems Aggies, a special team of your fellow faculty/students. Of the five competing chefs, who will prepare the tastiest bites perfectly paired with local craft beer? Join us to crown the winner of the Judge’s and People’s Choice prizes. To make the occasion even more festive, we’ve got three live bands, lawn games and plenty of ways to have fun in the summer sun.
Your 2017 competitors are:
- AMS Conferences and Catering
- Koerner’s Pub
- Land & Food Systems Aggies (Student/Faculty Chefs)
- Open Kitchen (Orchard Commons)
- When: Thursday, July 20
- Time: 5.00 - 7.30 pm
- Where: amphitheatre on Main Mall and Thunderbird Boulevard
Regular tickets include entry, local food + craft beer samples + live music. Children tickets include entry + healthy kids meal.
- $20 students
- $25 staff, faculty, Alumni, UNA residents
- $35 general public
- $10 Children over 2 years
Additional beer and beverages are available for purchase.
This year's menu:
- Beer Braised Short Rib Jerkey, Watercress and Blueberry Salad with salted caramel and balsamic vinaigrette
- Pulled Oyster Mushroom in flour tortilla served with BBQ sauce, Vegan Coleslaw and roasted corn
- Korean pork ribs with garlic chicken crackling, miso buttered corn, mango and jicama salad and pickled watermelon rind
- Drunken Sturgen: Fat Tug IPA cured Sunshine Coast Sturgeon lemon grass, kaffir lime, local stone fruit, summer celebration greens & house made cracker
- Edible Garden - An unnatural adventure of nature: Textures of parsnip, rye, carrots and beets
Questions? Contact Mustafa Akhtar at email@example.com, 604-822-2278, or reach us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter @UTownUBC