LOVE LOVE LOVE!
On September 6, Pride comes to UBC in celebration of Positive Space, and the diversity of our community. Get ready for a FREE and fabulous evening where we appreciate the beauty of all sexual and gender identities.
Strike a pose and get your dance on. You will not want to miss this, it's UBC's third annual Pride event which is going to be bigger, louder and prouder! We have planned for you the best of UBC drag, slam poetry, a queer library & resources, student clubs and more! Join us to show off your Pride. Join us to show off your Pride:
When: September 6th, 5-9 PM
Where: Fairview Commons (outside the Earth Sciences Building)
Get excited for:
- Create Love is in the Air: Pride Installation by helping winner of competition, Tiffany Wu, fold one of 2000 cranes needed to complete the art installation!
- Drop-top Drag – performances from your very own UBC peers
- Sparkle Station – glam up in eco-friendly glitter!
- Out and About Queer Library
- Voguing Dance Lessons
- Kids & Queens Storytime and Craft station
- Food Trucks
- Student Clubs
- Games, Games, Games
- Snappy Slam Poetry
- Positive Space Resources
- This is a licensed event with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink options
Whether you are dressed in everyday wear, sparkles or head-to-toe drag, we invite you to express yourself at UBC Pride where everyone is welcome.
Accessibility info: The event is on level grassy-field surrounded by concrete sidewalks, with some seating available. Closest washrooms to the event site are located in the Earth Sciences Building, including those that are single-user gender-inclusive washrooms. If you require ASL interpretation services, please contact us before September 3, end of day.
Questions about the event? Want to volunteer or be involved in some way? Please email email@example.com or phone 604-822-2278.