Does your community-building project have an unexpected cost? On a tight timeline? Need less than $300?
With the generous support of UBC Wellbeing, we are pleased to bring you UTown@UBC Fast Track Funds for community projects that support wellbeing and social connection on campus. Fast track funds are smaller amounts of funds than UTown@UBC Community Grants to help support projects that are already being executed but have encountered an unexpected financial barrier. The turnaround time for application review and approval is relatively short and funds can be granted within 10 working days or less.
These Funds support:
UBC Strategic Plan’s commitment to “Thriving Communities: Support the ongoing development of sustainable, healthy and connected campuses and communities, consistent with the 20-Year Sustainability Strategy and the developing Wellbeing Strategy”
Okanagan Charter call to action to “Generate thriving communities and a culture of wellbeing.”
Application for these funds is ongoing (no deadline) and funds will be accessible until they are fully subscribed. Download an application here.
You must be a UBC student who is currently enrolled in classes. Student groups and clubs are eligible for project funding.
- Projects must be completed at one of UBC’s lower mainland campuses or neighbourhoods.
- Funds must be used by May 15, 2019.
- Applicants cannot profit financially from the project. Fundraising events with a strong community-building focus will be assessed for appropriateness.
- Applicants may only receive funding once per year.
- Funding may not be used for ongoing operational or core expenses, or equipment and furniture purchases. If equipment purchases are essential to the project, please include a short written explanation.
- Projects must begin after grant decisions are made. Retroactive funding will not be considered.
- Activities of groups that serve primarily their membership are ineligible to be funded through this grant unless the community at large will benefit significantly.
- Funds may not be used to replace or supplement UBC departmental funding.
- Maxiumum amount given is $300
- Please provide specific details of all expenses that you would like funded. Please be sure to also explore ways to reduce costs or borrow items through campus resources.
- Original receipts are required to be submitted upon completion of the project.
- Any unused funds must be returned to Campus and Community Planning.
To apply, download and fill one of the application forms. Contact us if you have questions about eligibility. Please email email@example.com or call 604-822-2278 for any questions. Submit your application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.