Celebrate fall from the comfort of home.
Enjoy fall festivities with your community online! Here's how:
Autumn is the season for hearty, comfort food.
This healthy plant-based, dairy-free dish has all the tasty flavours of fall: cinnamon, coconut, fresh herbs, swiss chard and — a whole entire pumpkin!
Don't forget to enter the #myUBCharvest contest once you're done — see details below!
TAKEOUT & TASTE
For those days when cozy means skip the cooking, find the Roasted Pumpkin Penne on the takeout menu at The Point Grill and in the dining hall at Orchard Commons' Open Kitchen (open to residents only) from October 8-22, 2020.
EXPERIENCE THE ARTS & CULTURE DISTRICT
Past guests of Harvest Feastival have fond memories of the post-dinner evening entertainment in UBC's world-class Arts and Culture District.
Spice up your Harvest @Home celebration with a variety of online musical performances and exhibits from this list of 10 Arts events not to miss in October.
[CONTEST CLOSED] ENTER THE #myUBCharvest CONTEST
Thank you to everyone that entered the contest! We loved seeing your recipe adaptations!
Congratulations to Janet, who made the dish for family and friends:
While we'll miss the conversations and friendships from the traditional Harvest Feastival, it’s a community priority right now for all of us to take care of each other and do our part.
We invite everyone to connect on social and share your #myUBCharvest for a chance to win a virtual cooking experience with UBC Residence Dining's Executive Chef, Brad Vigue, and $50 worth of groceries!
To enter, all you have to do is share a photo or video of you celebrating Harvest @ Home, whether that’s cooking the Roasted Pumpkin Penne or eating the takeout version sold on campus!
How to share:
1. Tag your photo/video with #myUBCharvest on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. In addition to using the hashtag, feel free to tag @ubcfoodie @utownubc
2. Those with private accounts can send submissions by direct message to @utownubc or email to email@example.com
- This contest will close November 1st, 2020 at 12pm PST.
- This contest is open to all current UBC students, faculty, staff, alumni, and residents of the University Neighbourhoods Association (UNA) and Musqueam communities.
- One entry per person. Multiple photo/video submissions welcome.
- One winner will be randomly selected on November 4th, 2020 and contacted by email or direct message. Winner will have to confirm their affiliation to UBC, UNA and/or Musqueam. The winner will be announced on the @utownubc @ubcfoodie social accounts and websites.
- All photo and video submissions may be re-shared on @ubcfoodie and @utownubc social media and websites.
- The prize: One winner will receive a $50 grocery store e-giftcard and a virtual cooking session (one hour in length) over Zoom with UBC's Executive Chef of Residence Dining, Brad Vigue. The chef will communicate with the winner in advance to decide on a recipe to cook for the session. The winner is responsible for ensuring they have all the technology, kitchen equipment and ingredients ready for the session. A substitution prize may be awarded at the discretion of UTown@UBC.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Zoom.
Video by: UBC Studios