Although it is hard to believe that 2015 has come and gone, we are looking forward to a great 2016 full of lots of community building, collaboration, and campus animation!
Here are just a few highlights from the past year:
- In partnership with the UNA, awarded over $11,000 in UTown@UBC Community Grant funding to 15 great projects;
- Generously supported by the UBC Wellbing Initiative, the first- ever UTown@UBC Community Wellbeing Grants were awarded to six student-led projects that demonstrated a commitment to improving human and ecological wellbeing;
- Over 1700 walks to school logged during Walk ‘n Roll to School Celebration Week in October and May;
- Piloted a successful UTown@UBC Community Bike Clinic program in collaboration with the AMS Bike Kitchen;
- Launched another successful season of Music on the Point with the UBC School of Music;
- Celebrated Safe + Sustainable Transportation Month in May with activities and events to promote walking and cycling on campus;
- Continued the successful Kids Fit program in collaboration with the UBC School of Kinesiology.
- Celebrated Summer on the Mall with events and activities aimed at getting the UBC community out of the office and onto Main Mall!
Thank you to everyone who helped us build community on campus in 2015—we look forward to continuing our great partnerships in the upcoming year!